- Heat the oven to 150C/130C fan/gas mark
- Line the base and ends of two greased 450g/1lb non-stick loaf tins with strips of baking parchment.
- Pour the hot tea into a mixing bowl with the Potters Malt, sugar and dried fruit. Stir well, then add the eggs.
- Tip in the flour, then quickly stir in the baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and pour into the prepared tins. Bake for 50 mins until firm and well risen. While still warm, brush with a little more Potter’s Malt to glaze and leave to cool.
- Remove from the tins. If you can bear not to eat it straight away, it gets more sticky after wrapping and keeping for 2-5 days. Serve sliced and buttered, if you like.